Small Coloring Books – My Hippie-Style Pages
Special ahead: Lowest price ever, coming for Memorial Day Weekend! May 27th – 31st, this book will be $5.50 in the US.
I’ve redesigned my “Pearls, Swirls, and Stars” coloring book with a more “hippie” style. And, to celebrate that, I’ve given it a new title, as well.
A Small Coloring Book: Coloring, Hippie-Style is a fun little coloring book that can fit in a purse or babybag or backpack.
The original artwork is mine, drawn with pen & ink, on paper. Then, I scanned it and tweaked the art (just a little) so it looks “just so.”
My artistic influences include:
- Yellow Submarine (the animated film)
- Peter Max’s artwork from the 1960s (stars and organic, flowing lines)
- Romero Britto’s bold visions
- Some of David Hockney’s illustrations
- The whimsy of George Rodrigue
Mostly, I’m inspired by the ideals of the first Woodstock concert and the Summer of Love. I watch the Woodstock movie, listen to the intensity of the music, and admire the freestyle dancing among people in the audience. It really embodies “go with the flow,” and that’s what I want to convey with my coloring pages.
I really like these kinds of designs, so I plan to make more “hippie” coloring books.
Want to “test drive” this kind of coloring page? Download your own (uncolored) copy of the art on book’s cover. Click here for a free sample. It’s a b&w PDF from inside the book.
— posted by Aisling D’Art
- Published by: Blue Moon Coloring Books, Orlando, FL
- Coloring pages: 50, single-sided (blank on reverse)
- Total pages: 106, white paper with black ink
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1530947146
- ISBN-13: 978-1530947140
- Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 0.2 x 8 inches